Parental Responsibility Attorney
Parenting Time, Child Custody, Visitation
While Colorado no longer uses terms such as "custody" or "visitation" in family law courts, the issues those words represent need to be addressed on behalf of the minor children of divorcing parents. Child custody and visitation are referred to as Allocation of Parental Responsibility and Parenting Time and Decision-Making .
We provide parental responsibility information.
You provide the decisions.
303-800-3521 or E-mail
- Depending on the circumstances of the case, each parent is typically entitled to significant periods of parenting time with their children.
- Ideally, both parents should also have input into major decisions affecting their children, including education, religion, and non-emergency medical procedures.
- When custody or any part of the allocation of parenting time is at issue, the court will require mediation.
- While child support is determined by a formula, parenting time is determined by an agreement between the parents or by the court.
- A related issue to parenting time is grandparent rights . If you are a grandparent who has been unable to see your grandchildren, talk to our child custody lawyer.
For children, divorce can be extremely confusing. Our law firm can help you determine what is best for your children and how you can ease the transition into a restructured family.
Please contact Keane Law for a free 30 minute consultation.